How important is the quality of life to you? Most people would obviously answer “very important”. However, most people don’t make the connection between oral health and their general health and overall quality of life. But in fact, oral health can have a direct impact on not just these, but several other aspects of your life as well.
Here are 8 of the most common ways that lack of oral health can have a negative impact on your life:
- Gum Disease: This condition is characterized by bleeding gums and inflammation.
- Tooth Loss: Missing teeth can take quite a toll on your self-confidence.
- Bad Breath: This can be quite embarrassing when interacting with others.
- Oral Cancer: Oral cancer can be deadly. However, regular checkups can lead to early detection and treatment before it’s too late.
- Poor Bite Quality: An improper bite can cause you to not chew your food properly. This can lead to indigestion and other digestive issues.
- Low Self-Esteem and Lack of Confidence: Your smile is your business card. If you’re not confident about your smile, it’s going to be hard to feel good about yourself.
- Discolored Teeth: Our teeth need constant maintenance. Improper brushing and not flossing can lead to yellow, stained and unsightly teeth.
- Dental Pain: Pain is our body’s way of telling us that something is wrong. It can affect our sleep, mood, and quality of life in general. Pay close attention to any pain that you may feel in your mouth.
Do you want to improve your quality of life? Do you lack of confidence when you smile? Has eating become painful or difficult?